How to change your location on Snapchat
Snapchat is, without doubt, one of the most popular social media because of the wide range of features such as camera photo filters, story sharing with privacy protection to specified people, and so on. You can send snaps to your friends or contacts. Snapchat allows you to keep your photos in “my eyes only” which is a password-protected space. With the growing popularity of Snapchat, its daily users have grown up to 265 million since December 2020 and around 4 billion snaps are sent each day.
Snapchat allows you to see the nearby users in the Snapchat map feature and allow you to view the location of your contacts and their snaps on the map. You can also share your location to let others know. You can also hide your location on Snapchat. But what if you want to change your location on Snapchat and Snapchat map. Sometimes Snapchat launches specific features for a specific geographical location. In such cases, you might spoof or change your location on Snapchat but it might be hard for you because VPN normally doesn’t work on Snapchat.
Today we will learn how to change your location on Snapchat along with a Snapchat map. Spoofing your location on Snapchat allows you to use cool geo-filters and also show your bitmoji in places where you haven’t been physically before. We will learn everything regarding spoofing or hiding locations on Snapchat.
What are Snapchat map and geo-filter?
A Snapchat map is a map where anyone can watch snaps from a specific location as you can go through different locations on the map. In the Snapchat map, You can view stories made in a specific location. If you want to see a story from New York or any other location, You can view the story or any other events in that location through Snapchat maps. This map has a heatmap to make users access the snaps easily and also show the volume of snaps, stories, or events going on in that location.
You can also see your friend’s location on the Snapchat map. Geofilters make the snap amazing to share. Suppose you are in London and you can use the filters associated with London which makes snaps more lively and fun. To use geo-filters, you have to be in a specific location, which makes the Snapchat geo-filter exceptional than its competitors.
Who can see your location on Snapchat map
Your friends to whom you have shared the location can see the place you are in. You can choose the friends on the Snapchat map who can see your location. According to your choice, you can either share your location with everyone or specific friends. Sharing your location with all your friends is not recommended. You can change the share settings or disable this feature by applying Ghost Mode which opts out of location sharing.
How to hide your account on Snapchat map
Sometimes you wish not to share your location on Snapchat and Here is how to do that:
- Open the Snapchat app, then tap on the profile icon on the top left of your phone.
- Then you can see your Snapchat profile, tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Now scroll down until you see the ‘Additional services’ option and go to see my location.
- In this option, you can choose who you want to share location with or enable the ghost mode to completely disable sharing location to others. After you have selected a limited number of people to share your location with, you can see in contacts that the people who you have shared location with a tick sign and cross sign to the contacts who don’t have access.
- If you want to completely disable this mode go to mobile permission settings for Snapchat and turn off location permissions.
How to change your location on Snapchat
We will discuss methods to spoof your location on Snapchat from android and iOS devices. There will be two different methods for these two devices.
Change your Snapchat location on android
Changing your location on your android phones is just a piece of cake. You can change few settings and then you can change the location wherever you want. You just need to turn on the mock location setting and have a reliable Fake GPS application. You can browse the play store and check reviews for finding reliable applications from the play store.
- First of all, download the Fake GPS Location app from the play store. This allows users to manually set the GPS location to anywhere they want for spoofing on Snapchat. You can download any reliable GPS app. Don’t forget to read reviews while downloading.
- Before doing anything else for spoofing location on Snapchat, you need to turn on developer options. Head to settings and then ‘about phone’.
- Find the build number from the options shown and tap it 7 times to enable Developer Options. In some devices, there is a ‘Version’ option where you should click about 5-6 times.
- Now go back to setting and search for the developer option. In some devices, the developer option is inside the Additional Settings option.
- Then turn on Allow mock location option from the given settings. This allows us to change the location of our device and Snapchat.
- Then choose the location on a fake GPS application. Your GPS location will be changed to the one you selected. Now your Snapchat will have your spoofed location.
- Now you can easily use geo-filters and easily set the location in Snapchat wherever you want. Your location will be spoofed on Snapchat.
Also learn: How to enable discord slow mode.
Spoof your Snapchat location on iPhone
Spoofing location on your iPhone is easy. It needs few steps, You need to connect it to a computer and proceed. You must have both a PC and iOS device for spoofing locations on Snapchat from iPhone. Here are the steps to follow to spoof your Snapchat location on iOS.
- You need to download imyfone software on your pc and click on get started to change location on Snapchat.
- Then plug your iPhone via USB cable and allow necessary permissions on your phone.
- Go to the teleport mode icon and select a location where you want to spoof for your Snapchat.
- After you select your location, select the move option. This will change your location to the new location which you have selected.
- Now the GPS location of your iPhone is set to the location you just selected. You can spoof your location on Snapchat and enjoy geo-filters as much as you like.
Enjoy using Snapchat from a spoofed location now.
You can change your Snapchat location and access some of the geo-specified content. Spoofing location on Snapchat maps sometimes helps you through many things. I hope this article provided you with what you were searching for regarding Snapchat location spoofing. If you have any questions related to this article then leave a comment below and don’t forget to share with your friends.