Every company should take good care of its employees. Every research shows that a happy employee is a productive employee. There are many things a business owner can do to make sure that everyone feels comfortable and safe, from acquiring useful devices like a wireless fax machine to making sure that everyone has an appropriate lunch break.
Here, you can find useful information on how to create an employee-friendly work environment so everyone in your workplace is happy and efficient. You can read about establishing a mentoring program, investing in a break room, or doing regular surveys. Read on and make your company employee-friendly!
Create a Mentoring Program
Everyone knows that when you start working for a new company, the first few days are always the hardest. But a mentoring program can change all that! A mentoring program will help you build a positive atmosphere and improve teamwork by encouraging employees to share their knowledge and experience with their coworkers. A mentoring program can be useful for both new employees and long-time employees, but it is especially helpful for new employees because it gives them a chance to meet people and get used to their new environment at the same time.
Make Sure You Have an Email Signature That Doesn’t Make People Feel Shy
If your work email signature is just a standard “John Doe, CEO” type of thing, it may be time to rethink your email signature. The reason why you should reconsider your email signature is that it may make your employees feel uncomfortable or shy about asking questions.
Here’s an example of what an employee-friendly email signature looks like: “Hi, I’m John Doe. If you have any questions or concerns, I’m always available to talk.” This way, your employees can feel free to send you any question they have without feeling guilty. Your goal is to make sure that your employees feel comfortable in your office, so make sure that they won’t feel awkward about sending you an email with a question attached.
Invest in Break Room Furniture That Will Make Your Employees Happy
Break rooms are the most important part of your workplace, so invest in furniture that will make your employees happy. The things that should be in every break room include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and a comfy sofa! If your employees don’t have a place to take their lunch break, they will not be productive at work. So make sure that you have a clean and comfortable break room where your employees can recharge after a hard-working day!
Ask Regularly About Your Employees’ Level of Happiness and Satisfaction
It’s really important to know how satisfied your employees are at work. If you know what makes them happy and what doesn’t, you will be able to make sure that your workplace is as good as it can possibly be. Here are three types of surveys you can use:
- Linkedin Pulse Polls – Linkedin Pulse polls are easy to create and use on Linkedin Pulse. You can use these polls not only to poll your employees but also to promote interesting articles in your Linkedin group.
- SurveyMonkey – SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular online survey developers out there. It offers many tools for free, but if you want more, you might have to pay.
- Google Forms – Google Forms are free and easy to create. Use them to find out what kind of break room furniture your employees like best! This way, you will be able to make a better decision when buying new furniture for your break room!
Show Your Employees You Care By Participating in Charity Events
Your employees will love you if they see that you care about them outside of work too! For instance, if one of your employees has a family member who needs help with costs associated with cancer treatments, ask everyone in the company to donate money to help that family member out. Or if one of your employees has been affected by natural disasters like earthquakes or tornadoes, ask the whole team to donate money to help. If you do this regularly, everyone in your company will feel special because they know that they are not just coworkers but also part of a team that cares about each other!
Be Clear About the Company’s Goals and Objectives
If employees in your company don’t know what to do, they will not be productive at work. So make sure that everyone knows what needs to be done and how much time they have to do it! For instance, if you are a digital marketing agency and you have to create a new website for one of your clients, make sure that everyone knows exactly what needs to be done. If you tell people things like “I want to see a cool website that will look good on mobile,” you might confuse them and they won’t know exactly what they need to do.
Instead, tell them things like “I want the website to be responsive and mobile-friendly. I want the website to be very easy to use on mobile. The website should load fast and be simple in design. The images should be high-quality and the text should be readable even on small screens.” This way, your employees will know exactly what to do and what they need to achieve so that they can achieve their goals.
Give Your Employees Opportunities to Communicate With Each Other
Here are some ways you can give your employees opportunities to communicate with each other:
- Ask everyone in your company to submit their contact details at the beginning of every quarter. Then, every week send out an email asking “Who would like to go out for lunch this week?” or “Who has the best idea for our next product?” This way, you will be able to get in touch with people who are interested in going out for lunch or discussing their ideas with others.
- Ask everyone in your company to create a list of 10 questions about the company and post those questions on the company’s Facebook group. Ask people in the company to answer these questions by posting comments on the Facebook group every week. This way, everyone will be able to ask questions and discuss things with each other without feeling shy!.
- If you have a large office space, try setting up some comfortable chairs in a quiet corner of the office where people can talk with each other about personal things or work problems they might have. This way, people will feel like it’s okay to talk about personal things at work because they won’t feel as if they are being judged or looked down upon!
Don’t Make People Feel Guilty About Taking Breaks From Work
It is always important for you to make sure that your employees feel comfortable at work. For instance, if an employee wants a day off because of sickness, don’t make her or him feel guilty by asking for the reason. Instead, send her messages like “Feel better! We miss you here!” or “I hope you get well soon! Take care of yourself! We all need you here!” This way, she will feel loved and supported by her coworkers instead of being judged when she is homesick!
An employee-friendly work environment is a great thing, but you have to be proactive about it. Don’t wait for your employees to ask you about their conditions at work because they might feel too uncomfortable to ask. Instead, make sure that you set up regular meetings and surveys that will help you know what your employees like about your company and what they don’t like. You can also ask employees individually about their opinions on work and the workplace. This way, you will be able to change things that need to be changed and keep everything the way it is!