Aws educate helps students to learn the AWS platform by providing them with enough resources and free credit sponsorship. Students can experiment or build up their projects with the help of AWS educate for free. As its name suggests, it is only for students but we know we all can’t be students. Then how to get AWS educate for free? Today I will provide you with two methods to get AWS educate. You can say AWS student works like AWS free tier but like free tier that we got without a credit card. You can get enough credits and resources to build up your projects.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a platform offered by Amazon that provides easy to use, flexible, cost-effective cloud computing services. AWS is developed with a combination of infrastructure as a service, packaged software as a service and platform as a service offerings.
Amazon Web Services offers a good range of various business purpose global cloud-based products. It offers about 100 cloud products. The products include storage, analytics, networking, databases, mobile, development tools, with a pay-as-you-go pricing model, enterprise applications.
Why to have AWS educate?
AWS educate is the program for an educator, academic researchers, and students which offers a wide range of credits, resources, and platforms to learn and build up projects on a cloud platform. You get access to AWS learning platforms for free with AWS educate. You can get 50% discount on AWS certification too. Other than free credits, you can get access to free labs where you can perform your cloud learning experiments and build up professional knowledge and experience. If you are a student and looking for a part-time job in the cloud field then the AWS platform is a good place to learn and get certified.
Application Of AWS
Here are some of the application of aws.
- Data backup storage with highly secured cloud platform.
- Website and web application hosting.
- For Media Sharing, content delivery and distribution.
- Development of death engine and social media platform.
- Test environment and academic experiments.
Advantages of AWS
There are lots of advantages of AWS. Let’s point out some key feature of the AWS.
- AWS allows organizations to use the already familiar programming models, operating systems, databases, and architectures. No need to spend extra time on already discovered features.
- It is an economical service that permits you to pay just for what you employ, with none up-front or long-term commitments.
- You won’t require to spend extra money on maintaining data centers.
- Offers fast deployments. You can easily set capacity as per your need like adding or removing.
- You can access unlimited cloud services easily.
- Cost is low for server deployment compared to any other platform.
- AWS offers centralized Billing and management.
Do we get free credit with AWS educate?
Yes, we can get free credits to spend on our projects with AWS educate. Let’s discuss some of the key features and advantages of AWS educate.
- AWS educate grant free access to it’s services for students.
- You get access to labs, tutorial and training with AWS products to build up your cloud knowledge.
- Free credits to spend as we build labs,
- You get courses from top professors around the globe.
- You can collab with cloud experts and build up your knowledge.
Method 1: AWS educate with .edu email
These methods are provided by our fellow member Shubham Antil. Let’s learn at first how to get aws educate with .edu email. Follow these steps carefully to minimize errors.
How to get edu email?
We had provided various methods in past regarding how to get Edu email. Let me list them below to make you easy if you don’t have edu email.
- Edu email method 1. For that click here.
- Edu email method 2. For that click here.
- We will use Fort Scott college Edu email for this process as it is accepted by AWS. We had discussed the method to get fort Scott Edu email on our past tutorial of getting google cloud.
How to apply aws educate with edu email?
- Follow this link and click on join AWS educate option to apply for aws educate.
- Then click on student option. We are applying with student email that’s why we are selecting the student option. You can use your own university email if you want.
- Now enter your university name. We are using Fortscott college email that’s why we entered Fort Scott community college. Select country, Name, and date of birth associated with Edu email.
- For graduation year you must select 2-5 years after the date you are applying for aws educate. I am applying on 2020 that’s why i am selecting 2023. Now solve capcha and click submit.
- Then on next page scroll down the policies and click on I agree option and click submit.
- Then you will receive a confirmation email from AWS on your edu email. Confirm the email.
- Now, wait about a day. You will receive a response like this. Enjoy your free AWS educate account.
Method 2: AWS educate with gmail
If you don’t have edu email then don’t worry. There is another simple way to get aws educate account. Let me provide you method.
We will use the student ID card for this method. If you aren’t a student or don’t have a student ID card then don’t worry. I have discussed an alternative to Student ID card on our old GitHub student pack method.
- First of all visit AWS educate page.
- You need to apply with Gmail in this process. In place of Edu email enter your Gmail and your university name. You name and college name should be same as it is in your student ID card.
- Now the process is same for applying. Enter agree and submit. Verify the email you got from AWS educate.
- Now you will receive an email from AWS saying they can’t accept you. Now here is something more we need to do.
- Contact the support of AWS through email saying your college doesn’t provide you student email(edu email).AWS
- They might not agree about your email and insist for edu email. Just provide them your institution or school website address or say your school doesn’t have any.
- They will ask you for your student ID card now.
- Reply to the email from AWS with your ID card just like i did.
- Now, wait some time. After that, you will get an email like this where you will get your AWS account details.
- Enjoy your free aws education account and it’s benefits.
Also learn about aws $5k method from here
This is the end for another awesome article. If you have any queries then feel free to contact us. If you ever felt like donating then feel free to check our donation page. More such awesome articles are coming on future. Stay updated, share and support us.