What is discord slow mode? How to turn it on and off?
Discord allows you to create your own server, channel, and add people with similar interests and your friends. You can share text messages, stream and go live, share media and do voice calls in discord. Thousands of people can join your discord server. When your server has many members a high number of messages can be sent at a time. Imagine 100s of active members sending messages at a time in your discord server. This will make your channel look messy and it will be difficult to read a message at a time. To tackle down this issue, discord has introduced a feature called discord slow mode.
Discord slow mode feature helps to prevent the spam of messages in the discord server. Discord slow mode keep cooldown time between messages one person can send. This decreases the rate of messages send by a single person at a time in chat and prevents spam done by a single person. Today we will learn what is discord slow mode, what are its features, and how you can enable and disable slow mode on discord from your PC and mobile apps.
What is discord slow mode?
Discord slow mode imposes a limit on the users within a server to send messages for a certain period of time set by the server owner or administrators. If you enable slow mode of 30 seconds in a channel then your members have to wait for the next 30 seconds after they send a message. The slow mode can be enabled for 5 seconds to 6 hours. Members can message once in this interval unless the user is the owner or has ‘manage channel’ permission. Slow mode on discord is applicable for all of the members except for server admins and owners.
Features and uses of discord slow mode
When there are so many messages in a channel and chat is out of control, then slow mode can be very helpful. This mode can be very handy in servers with a huge number of members. Game streamers tend to have more members on their server and messages flood in chat channels when the gamers live. In some big communities of discord consecutive messages sent by a person can cause huge spam. In order to prevent such issues discord slow mode comes handy. Here are some uses of the slow mode.
- Discord slow mode prevents spam messages. A single member cannot pollute the whole channel in discord if the slow mode is enabled.
- Readability of messages is made easy in huge servers with lots of members. If a person tries to send messages one after another when 100 active members are talking then you cannot grasp the gist of the messages and context of the messages on chat.
- Discord slow mode makes chat more effective and understandable as every member can give time for messages send by each active member.
- Members might give more value and effort to their messages. As discord slow modes make members wait for sending the next message, members might want to avoid sending unwanted and unuseful messages. This makes your server mode productive.
Who can use slow mode on discord?
Discord slow mode is enabled by the server owners and admins or moderators who have the “manage channel” permission. They can enable the time interval for sending consecutive messages by the members on the chat server. Admins or owners don’t have to wait for the slowdown mode to cool down for sending messages.
Also learn: How to block twitch ads.
When to use discord slow mode?
When there are flooding messages and people can barely read messages from lots of members, enable slow mode with a suitable time delay. This mode is a whip hand for the administrators and server owners. With this huge gaming communities and huge servers can make the best out of discord.
How to find if the slow mode is enabled on discord?
Finding if discord slow mode is enabled or disabled on a chat server is very easy. When you know a channel has slow mode before sending messages, you can prevent yourself from sending unwanted things and waiting for the cooldown time. If you want to know a channel has slow or not then open the chat channel from the server. Next to where you type messages, on the right side, you will see “slowmode is enabled” written if the channel has slow mode enabled.
How to enable slow mode discord from PC?
You can use your desktop app or web app for enabling slow mode on discord. Follow the steps given below to turn on discord slow mode easily.
- Open Discord and go to your server. Then click on the channel where you want to apply slow mode.
- Now click on the ‘edit channel’ option which is indicated as the gear icon.
- In the Overview panel, you can see the slow mode and a scroll bar where you can set the time. Make desirable changes and don’t forget to save.
- You have successfully applied the discord slow mode on your channel using PC.
How to turn on discord slow mode from mobile app
If you are a mobile user then don’t worry. You can enable discord slow mode from your mobile phone too. Follow the following quick steps to set up slow mode and edit slow mode preferences from your mobile phone discord app.
- At first, open your discord app and then go to the server where you want to turn on slow mode.
- Then tap the channel where you want to apply the slow mode. After that, tap the channel until a menu appears.
- Now go to the Edit Channel option from the channel where you wanted to enable slow mode. This will take you to a new interface.
- Now on the Channel Settings panel. Scroll down and you can see the slow mode option. Here you can change slow mode cooldown time according to your preference.
- You have enabled the discord slow mode using your phone.
How to turn off slow mode on discord?
Disabling discord slow mode is easy. You just need to follow the same steps you did while turning on discord slow mode. Follow the process given below to turn off discord slow mode.
- For turning off slow mode on discord, open Discord and go to your server.
- Then navigate to the channel where you want to apply slow mode. Then click on the ‘Edit channel’ option which is indicated as a gear icon.
- In the Overview panel, you can see the slow mode and a scroll bar where you can set the time. Set the scroll button to off for turning off discord slow mode.
- You have successfully disabled the slow mode on discord.
Discord is useful for creating a community for like-minded people where they can share their messages. When a community gets bigger then the number of messages sending in groups also multiplies. Discord slow mode helps to limit the number of messages and control the spam in the chat channels of the server. Today we learned how to enable discord slow mode from our PC and mobile. If you have any questions related to slow mode on discord then you can leave a comment below.