How to get Premium JetBrains license for free
JetBrains is a software development company that develops software development tools for developers. They provide 16 premium tools including 10 IDEs, 3 extensions, 2 profilers, and a collaborative development service. Their tools include popular IDE like Pycharm. They provide yearly and monthly subscriptions for the tools. So, you might have questions in your mind like Is there any way to access tools like Pycharm, IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, etc for free?
There is a way to access JetBrains tools for free. You can get access to the JetBrains license for free and access 15 of the premium tools provided by it. This includes popular tools like Pycharm, IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate, WebStorm, etc. Today we will discuss two of such methods through which you can access such tools for free.
What is JetBrains?
These IDEs, including IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, PhpStorm, and WebStorm, are widely recognized and valued by developers worldwide for their comprehensive features and smooth integration. Beyond IDEs, JetBrains also provides a range of tools and frameworks to boost software development productivity.
What can you access with a JetBrains license?
You can access 16 different tools and services with a JetBrains license. They are listed below.
- RubyMine: RubyMine is an excellent IDE for Ruby and Rails. It is an intelligent IDE designed to provide fine-tuned workspace and testing and debug space for developers.
- Rider: Rider is a powerful .NET IDE based on the IntelliJ platform and ReSharper. It can run on multiple platforms like Mac, windows, and Linux.
- PyCharm: PyCharm is an intelligent IDE for professional Python developers. You can get smart assistance and framework-specific support.
- IntelliJ IDEA: It is one of the leading Java and Kotlin IDE. It offers collaboration and remote development features.
- ReSharper: It is a visual studio extension for .Net developers.
- DataGrip: It is a database IDE that supports several databases to meet the specific need of professional SQL developers.
Likewise, there are several other tools you can check out. With our methods, you can access all of these tool licenses for free. Follow the tutorial step by step.
Pricing of Jetbrains license
JetBrains provides different pricing for individuals and organizations. They also have combo and single tool packages. Here is the pricing of various products of JetBrains for individuals when you bill yearly.
- All Products Pack: This pack costs $289.00 USD per year for individuals. This price is for yearly billing.
- CLion: CLion costs $99 per year for individuals.
- WebStorm: WebStorm cost $69 per year for individual plans.
- IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate: It cost around $169 per year if billed yearly.
- dotUltimate: It includes 6 tools and costs around $169 when billed yearly.
- PyCharm: PyCharm costs $99 per year.
So, as you can see you need to pay to access some of the tools and their features. Wouldn’t it be great if you could access all of these tools for free? We are going to do that now.
How to get a JetBrains license for free?
JetBrains provides its license for free to students and teachers for educational purposes. You can access this license if you are a student or can prove that you are a student. Here are two methods through which you can get its license.
Method 1: Get JetBrains free with an edu email
You need to have an edu email in order to order the JetBrains license key for free. Here is the detailed process to do so.
- We need to apply for JetBrains Education. You can visit this link and select the university email address option.
- After that fill in the information and remember you need to enter your university email address.
- Now you can click apply for free products option. You will get an email confirmation and free access to tools like WebStrom.
- If you are unable to submit the form you need to add your university to the verification list. They will guide you with the proper steps to do so.
- Now, After you get your free license account you can access pro tools like Rider, RubyMine, WebStorm, ReShaper, and PhpStorm for free.
Method 2: Get JetBrains free with a GitHub Student account
If you have verified your GitHub student account then you can access the JetBrains license with it. You can get access to 15 premium tools. Here is how you can do so.
- Visit the student application portal of JetBrains.
- Select Github from the given options.
- Now authorize with your GitHub account. Remember your GitHub account must be student verified.
- Complete your JetBrains account registration process.
- After that, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm that and you can access the JetBrains license for free.
- You can access around 15 tools including GoLand, IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate, dotMemory, dotTrace, DataSpell, DataGrip, etc for free. The expiry date for this license is 1 year.
There is also another way through which you can verify you are a student. You can submit your student ID card or similar proof to verify your student status and get access to the services of JetBrains Education.
Are you interested in making it look like hacking(not really hacking)? You can learn about it here.
How to get PyCharm Pro free?
After you get access to the JetBrains license, you can now get PyCharm Pro for free. Follow the steps given below.
- Go to the PyCharm download page and download the application file.
- Now continue with the installation of the Pycharm.
- After that, you will get a popup to activate the license. You can click on login JetBrains account.
- Sign in with your student-verified account and click activate. After that, your PyCharm Premium features will be activated for free.
JetBrains offers several products that you can access through its paid license key. With the student offer provided by JetBrains, you can access its premium products for free. I hope this article was helpful to you. You can use this student subscription provided by Jetbrains to access your favorite IDE like PyCharm with no payment. Share with your friends and help them get their favorite product like PyCharm Pro for free.