How to create live bootable USB for kali linux? Want to use kali linux from your USB anywhere and anytime with persistence feature? Then this post is for you. I will show you how you can make live bootable kali Linux USB with persistence. Enjoy kali linux on anyone computer with only your USB.
You might find lot’s of tutorials on making persistence kali linux live bootable usb over internet. Most of them are old and not working with new update. The method of creating persistence partition with terminal of kali is also different. You might get stuck in first step while typing your command “fdisk -l” because it doesn’t work now. This can really annoy you. So, to remove all your errors and confusions today i am writing tutorial on how to live boot kali linux from usb with persistence. Method is simple and we don’t need to perform any steps of command on terminal to make persistence like you see on other tutorials.
So let’s start our tutorial without wasting time.
- USB (more than or equal to 8 GB)
- Kali Linux live iso file
- PC with windows
How to create bootable kali linux USB?
In previous versions of kali linux we need to perform some extra steps to create persistence most of time. But in it’s latest version kali linux 2020.1b we can create persistence with rufus only and we don’t need any extra steps. It’s lot of easier. Let’s start our tutorial now.
- You need to download kali linux live iso file from this link. Download 64/32 bit according to your computer. I have downloaded 64 bit file. Just download the torrent file from the site and click on your downloaded file and open your file in torrent app to download. You can also use UC browser to download torrent file.
- Now download rufus tool from it’s official link. Download rufus 9. Your windows version and processor won’t matter because it will run on either 64 or 32 bit any.
- Now connect your USB in your pc. USB must be empty and must be equal to or more than 8 GB.
- Then open rufus app and select your usb.
- Then select the kali linux iso image and for persistence partition volume, slide the bar in “persistence partition size” to max. Your setting should be exactly like mine. I am using 8GB usb that’s why mine persistence partition is 4gb.
- Now click on start and click ok when it asks.
- Wait for some time to complete.
- After it completes, restart your device and go to boot device option. To go to boot device option just enter your boot setup key before your pc logo shows up while booting. Mine key was esc. Your might be del, F9, F12,etc. Just google your boot setup key with pc version to find out.
- Now select your pendrive
- Then click on live USB persistence. Now you got live bootable persistence usb of kali linux.
Note: You won’t require further steps with terminal to create persistence. Remember to use rufus for this operation. Always use “live USB persistence” option while booting. There your work will remain saved and you can access anytime. Now you can use kali linux on anyone’s computer from your usb without installing. Enjoy your mini kali linux device.
You can revert your bootable usb back to normal in just 1minutes. Click here to know how.
This is end for our tutorial. So, today we learned method to use kali linux anywhere from our usb with saving the files. Our journey is long and yet more things are to be learned and to spread. Stay updated with us and subscribe to our browser notification and newsletter. Feel free to share and support us. Goodbye till our another interesting and useful article.