How to open onion links on chrome Open with any browsers without tor
Every darknet surfers come along websites with onion extensions once a while. If you are tor or I2p user then you can easily open onion links but what if you don’t have tor browser? Can we open onion sites without tor browser? The answer is yes.
Deep web browsing is not always harmful and hard as it seems. You can browse Deep web sites like onion sites with chrome also. But there are certain things which you must consider. How to open onion links on chrome or any other browser except tor? What are the things to be considered while browsing the Dark Web? We are going to discuss such things today.
Why use tor browser?
The simple answer behind this question is to maintain privacy and surf anonymously with freedom and another reason is to avoid government surveillance and censorship. Tor network encrypts the data between both client and owner side and makes it untraceable. Our request pass through Tor node making them very difficult to trace back. The cryptography done is also very hard to crack down which is increasing its popularity among illegal and criminal groups. This is the reason behind the increasing popularity of tor browser, onion sites and deep web. So, want to learn how to open onion links from Chrome or any other browsers except tor?
.Onion is the top-level domain name extension which is designed to be used for top-secret information circulation by maintaining privacy on both owner and user end. Onion domain is onion service which is accessible through tor browser.
For example: eidjeidjfjekewowowogb.onion
Browsers can access links with .onion extensions by sending requests through the network. Onion TLD is not actually internet DNS root and can only be accessed by tor and similar functioning browsers.
You might have questions are onion links safe to browse? The answer is yes but your location isn’t always non-traceable. Are onion links browsing illegal? No, browsing onion sites or tor sites isn’t illegal but it is right of every citizen. Here are some of the things which you should consider while browsing onion links.
- You can connect to the VPN at first before you browse onion links.
- It isn’t a good idea to use tor2web actually to open onion links from other browsers except for tor. Except for an emergency, you should use tor.
- Don’t download unknown scripts or files.
- Try to avoid interacting with people you don’t know. It can make you fall in a difficult situation if the person you are interacting is criminal.
It’s always better to use tor browser to open onion links but if you want to open onion links from other browsers except tor then you can try our methods.
You can use chrome extensions to open .onion links from chrome. Here is how you can do it.
- You need to add chrome extension at first to open onion links on chrome.
- After you add the onion search engine chrome extension, then keep search onion search engine before your onion link and search it. You can also simply visit this link.
- Now you can search the onion link by pasting the link in the search bar.
You can also open onion links with Firefox without any external source. Here is how you can do it.
- You can open onion links with firefox. At first search about:config in the search bar.
- After that click accepts the risk and continue and then you need to search onion from given search bar option.
- Then you will see four option. You need to select all four options as false. Then go back and enjoy surfing onion links.
You can use tor2web gateway operators for browsing .onion sites from browsers except for tor. As we are using a third party to open onion links, we cannot say we are browsing anonymously. You must do this only if you don’t have any other options and never do this if the activities concern privacy. You can open onion links from mobile, iPhone using this method.
- Change your link extension from .onion to .onion.ws. For example: https://dijfejjdndheiekfhhf.onion is changed to https://dijfejjdndheiekfhhf.onion.ws
- Then copy the URL to your search bar and hit enter. Doing this connects you to tor2web operators who send the request to onion service via tor and display result as a response for you. Please visit tor2web official site and check extensions.
At last, I will like you to give a simple suggestion. You should always use tor-browser only to open onion links if you aren’t in hurry because of the end of the world. Using tor links from chrome or other similar browser helps to keep government censorship and it really doesn’t make difference.
Deep web browsing isn’t as illegal as rumour sounds. It depends on how you use the deep web. Onion links are just a part of the vast ocean of deep web. You can learn more deep and dark secrets and get information with the help of Deep web and I hope this article made you ease with it by solving the issue of opening onion links.