Want to install mac in windows? Want to create your own hackintosh? I will teach you today how to install mac os on any PC. Method will be long because I have shown every single process and had made it as easy as I can so that you don’t get error. Hackintosh is really something if you use it well. You can save your money on buying Mac if you are buying for it’s OS. So let’s discuss about what is hackintosh or install mac on windows.
We have provided many tricks to get premium stuff for free and we might have hurt many organizations. Now we are providing alternative to apple os and we seriously don’t mean to hurt you Apple. If your business goes down because of us then we are not responsible for that. Now let’s keep the jokes at side and start our article.
What is hackintosh?
Hackintosh is any system other than Mac that a user modifies to run the Apple operating system. Even though Apple doesn’t support or allows running Mac OS X on a other PC, with the proper hardware and enough hard work, it is possible to install Mac OS on other PC too. The term ‘Hackintosh’ comes from the fact that we’ll need to hack the software for it to properly run on the hardware. Of course, some of the hardware needs to be tweak and twist in a some cases as well. It requires supporting hardware in order to install Mac OS and create our Hackintosh.
Requirements for Installing Mac os on windows
There are some of the requirements that are needed for running the PC with Mac OS. For creating Hackintosh successfully without getting error we need to have this requirements.
- Niresh Mojave (OS)file provided by Hackintoshzone. We will use Niresh Mojave. You can use Catalina too
- USB drive of more than 8GB storage. I recommend 16GB
- TransMac or balena etcher like software to write the disk image file onto your USB drive. I am using transmac.
- Secondary hard drives more than 60GB and need to be GPT.
- UEFI mode
Supportable hardware and metal supported graphic card but metal is not necessary to install macOS. Metal is the foundation for accelerated graphics and compute on Apple platforms, enabling your apps and games to tap into the incredible power of the GPU.
Here is the list of Nvidia Cards that are Natively Supported with Catalina.GTX Titan | GK 110GTX Titan Black | GK 110GTX Titan ZGTX 780 TiGTX 780GTX 770GTX 760 TiGT 740GT 730GT 720GT 710GTX 690GTX 680GTX 670GTX 660 TiGTX 650 TiGTX 645 (Fermi)GT 640 (Kepler edition, GK 107/208 core)GT 630 (Kepler edition, GK 208 core)Quadro 410Quadro K420Quadro K600Quadro K2000/DQuadro K4000/DQuadro K4200Quadro K5000Quadro K5200Quadro K6000Quadro NVS510, etc. Try in your ones to and send response.
Summary for the process we are going to perform to install mac in windows
- Download Mojave provided by hackintoshzone
- Make Bootable Mojave USB (16GB USB)
- Make PC Ready for Hackintosh Catalina. Add secondary hard drive and convert it into gpt.
- Configure BIOSBoot into Installer
- Customize and Install Mojave using USB
- Boot into macOS Mojave
Create Mac bootable USB
- We will use windows to create Mac bootable USB.
- First off all download and install transmac from its official website or install balena etcher for windows from its official website
- You can learn to download Niresh Mojave file from hackintoshzone. I suggest to visit hackintoshzone official website as they specialize in creating hackintosh. You can Create account on hackintoshzone and download your required file. If you want to install sierra, high sierra or catalina instead of Mojave then you can download file from hackintosh zone by creating account there. Select your choice according to your supportive hardware.
- Now download torrent app and open the torrent file you had downloaded by clicking the file then it will automatically open torrent app and your file will begin to download. Tips: You can also use UC browser to download torrent file instead of torrent app.
- Now Plug your 16 GB USB in your PC. Remember USB should be empty.
- Now open Transmac App .
- Then right click on USB and click on restore with disk image option.
- Select the file “Niresh-Mojave.dmg” from the file you had downloaded. Then click on ok and yes.
- Wait for some time and don’t format your USB after that.
Configure BIOS/UEFI Setup
- I recommend to install external hard drives as your hard drives need to be in GPT (GUID Partition Table) and if it in like NTFS then it will not work for installing MacOS. You need to format whole drive to convert into gpt which isn’t possible. So its your choice to format or use external or secondary hard drives. If you don’t know how to convert your drive into gpt then click here and also your secondary hard disk space should be more than 60GB.
- Connect your USB
- Restart your PC.
- To access BIOS Setup, Press and hold ESC button on your Keyboard while the system is booting up. Press before your pc logo shows up and when pc is just started. Startup menu Key may differ according to your PC. Some common keys are Esc, Delete, F1, F2, F10, F11, or F12. So just google your PC version to find key if it doesn’t work for you.
- Disable fast bios mode . Make setting as shown in given picture.
- Mac doesn’t boot in legacy mode so, we need to change it into UEFI if it is in legacy. Boot OS option should be changed into UEFI. Disable Secure Boot Mode.
- Load Optimized Defaults.
- Set USB drive to the highest boot priority.
- If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it.
- Then after that disable CFG-Lock.
- If your system has OS Type, set it to Other OS.
- Save and exit. Then restart your PC.
Boot into macOS installer
- Connect your Mac bootable USB in your pc. After that restart your PC. Now got to boot menu like before and select your usb.
Select Boot macOS Install from Niresh Mojave by navigating through given options.Wait some time and click continue and agree after that.
Fix No Packages were eligible to Install problem
It might show an error “macOS Mojave could not be installed on your computer – No packages were eligible for install.” This is problem on Mojave. To prevent this follow steps given below
Open Terminal from Utilities Menu and run the following Command
- Now quit the terminal by clicking on the terminal option and quite.
Install MacOS in pc
- After you complete the task with terminal, open Disk utility from utilities menu.
From the View button select ‘Show All Devices’
We will use disk utilities to erase the hard drive to install macos Mojave on it. Select the hard drive either internal or external on which you want to install macOS.
So, In the sidebar of Disk Utility, choose the hard drive partition where you want to install mojave. Then erase it by using the ‘Erase’ tab. When erasing, the format should be set to ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled)’ or ‘APFS’. Remember like i had said before you have to Partition the entire hard drive under GPT (GUID Partition Table) to install MacOS. After that exit the disk utility. Remember to erase the partition or drive only where you want to install macOS. Otherwise you might erase other drives.
On the installation page for macOS, the hard disk should now be showing up. Select it and then click the ‘Customize’ button on the bottom left.
Niresh Mojave allows you to install extra Hackintosh drivers and kexts, straight from the MacOS Mojave installer. Customize as indicated in the picture to prevent error. You can customize drivers and kexts with your common knowledge
Now click continue and agree then it will show installing Niresh Mojave. This will take some time.
After the installation is completed, your pc will restart. Just setup your Mac setting, language,etc after that and complete your installation of MacOS along with windows.
That’s it for our method. If you have any problem then feel free to contact us. We will try to solve your problems. Stay updated till our next article.