Discord custom status - How you can change it?
Discord is a dedicated platform for gamers where they can communicate in and out of applications while playing games and streaming online. You can communicate in the form of text, audio, video, and images in channels and direct messages. Discord is available in Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and web browsers. It allows you to customize your profile such as name, profile picture, and status. Discord has a feature called set a custom status with which you can set custom status in Discord which works as a public message that is shown to all.
Discord custom message is shown to all users while they visit your profile which is used to tell other users what you are doing right now. But most of the discord users don’t know how to set a custom status in their profile. Today we will learn how to change discord custom status. You can also change your online status, and gaming status in Discord which you will learn today.
Discord custom status
Discord custom status is the custom text that you can add below your profile name in Discord to tell others what you are doing currently or feeling. Setting a custom status on Discord allows others to interact with you accordingly. You can keep any funny discord custom status you like or just keep it simple to display what you are currently doing. Such texts will appear below your profile name to others and they can know about your present activities or feelings. Many people like to keep funny texts as discord custom status.
How to change custom discord status from your PC
If you are a Windows or Mac user then you can change the discord status through the discord app. Here is a process to do so.
- Open the Discord app on Windows or Mac and log in with your account details.
- Now from the bottom click on your profile icon where you will see a custom status option.
- Now enter the status or emoji you want. You can also set a time period for your custom discord status. Select the time up to which you want to status to appear under your profile. Then click confirm.
- Now the custom status that you have set will appear below your discord name.
How to set custom discord status on mobile
If you use Android or iOS devices then you can use your devices to add custom status in Discord.
- Open your discord app and then log in with your account.
- Now click on your profile icon from the bottom right corner. Then select the set status option.
- Now click on the Set a Custom Status option from the bottom.
- You can now enter the status you want and select when you want the status to automatically disappear. Then click the save button from the bottom right corner. Your status will appear in your profile.
Change your online status in Discord
You can also change your online status in Discord using either PC or mobile phone. You can show other people whether you are online and also change the online status to invisible.
- If you are on a PC then click on the profile icon from the bottom and then click on whether you want your status to appear idle, do not disturb, or invisible.
- If you are on an Android or iOS device then click a profile menu from the bottom and then select a set status option. From there just choose a suitable status for yourself.
Change your gaming activity in Discord
You can show people what game you are playing on your device with Discord. Your gaming activity will appear below your profile name. For that, you can use a PC and a mobile.
- Open your discord app and then go to the settings option or profile option on your mobile phone.
- Now click on the gaming activity option in order to turn on your gaming status.
- Now turn on the option. When you play games on your device discord will now show which game you are playing under your profile.
If you want to learn about Discord text formatting then click here
Set your gaming status manually
Sometimes your Discord app might not show what game you are playing. To set your gaming activity status manually you can use your PC.
- After you, open the discord app click on settings option from the bottom.
- Now scroll down and select the game activity option.
- Click on add it option. This will help you manually add gaming status.
- Then select the game from your device which you are playing. Then click add.
- Your gaming status will be updated in your discord ID. It will show your status about what game you are playing.
You learned how to change your status in Discord. After you follow the above-mentioned steps you can easily change the custom status in Discord. If you still face a problem or want to learn any more thing about Discord then feel free to leave a comment below.