Discord custom status - How you can change it?
Discord is a dedicated platform for gamers where they can communicate in and out of application while playing games and streaming online. You can communicate in form of text, audio, video and image in channels and direct messages. Discord is available in Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, android and web browsers. It allows you to customize your profile such as name, profile picture and status. Discord has a feature called set a custom status with which you can set custom status in discord which works as a public message which is shown to all.
Discord custom message is shown to all users while they visit your profile which is used to tell other users what you are doing right now. But most of the discord users don’t know how to set a custom status in their profile. Today we will learn how to change discord custom status. You can also change your online status, gaming status in discord which you will learn today.
How to change custom discord status from your PC
If you are a window or Mac user then you can change discord status through discord app. Here is a process to do so.
- Open discord app in Windows or Mac and log in with your account details.
- Now from the bottom click on your profile icon where you will see set a custom status option.
- Now enter the status or emoji your want. You can also set a time period for your custom discord status. Select time up to which you want to status to appear under your profile. Then click confirm.
- Now the custom status which you have set will appear below your discord name.
How to set custom discord status in mobile
If you use android or iOS devices then you can use your devices to add custom status in discord.
- Open your discord app and then login with your account.
- Now click on your profile icon from the bottom right corner. Then select the set status option.
- Now click on set a custom status option from the bottom.
- You can now enter the status you want and select when you want the status to automatically disappear. Then click save button from the bottom right corner. Your status will appear in your profile.
Change your online status in discord
You can also change your online status in discord using either PC or mobile phone. You can show others people whether you are online and also change the online status to invisible.
- If you are in PC then click on profile icon from bottom and then click on either you want your status to appear idle, do not disturb or invisible.
- If you are in android or iOS device then click a profile menu from the bottom and then select a set status option. From there just choose a suitable status for yourself.
Change your gaming activity in discord
You can show people what game you are playing in your device with discord. Your gaming activity will appear below your profile name. For that, you can use a PC and mobile both.
- Open your discord app and then go to setting option or profile option in your mobile phone.
- Now click on gaming activity option in order to turn on your gaming status.
- Now turn on the option. When you play games in your device discord will now show which game you are playing under your profile.
If you want to learn about Discord text formatting then click here
Set your gaming status manually
Sometimes your discord app might not show what game you are playing. To set your gaming activity status manually you can use your PC.
- After you, open discord app clicks on setting option from the bottom.
- Now scroll down and select game activity option.
- Click on add it option. This will help you manually add gaming status.
- Then select the game from your device which you are playing. Then click add.
- Your gaming status will be updated in your discord id. It will show your status about what game you are playing.
You learned how to change your status in discord. After you follow the above-mentioned steps then you can easily change custom status in discord. If you still face a problem or want to learn any more thing about discord then feel free to leave a comment below.