How to delete a spotify account or cancel membership
Spotify is a music streaming platform which provides both free and paid subscriptions. Spotify provides various tiers including a special plan for students. You can enjoy Spotify individual plan for just $9.99 per month. Spotify is establishing itself as a strong competitor among other established platforms such as Apple Music, Deezer, Napster and Tidal.
Spotify is one of the leading names among music streaming companies. Spotify has over 299 million users and paid subscribers are 138 million. Spotify has reached 92 markets globally and has over 60 million songs tracks and 1.5 million podcasts in most of the international language. If you are a subscriber of the Spotify and have a thought about cancelling your Spotify subscription or deleting your Spotify account then we will guide you through it.
You can use Spotify from any device that supports online music streaming either that is an android phone, windows pc, macOS, ios devices or on your music streaming setup at your home. Once you have an account, you can just sign in on Spotify app and enjoy high-quality music and podcasts.
Spotify paid plan provides you with unlimited ad-free high-quality music streaming. You can also download songs and audio files for playing offline. If you are bored with Spotify and switching to another provider then we will guide you through it. Today we will learn how to close Spotify account and delete Spotify account. We will also learn how to cancel Spotify membership and things to know before closing the Spotify account.
Things to know before closing Spotify account
There are certain things you need to know before you close your Spotify account.
- If you are a premium Spotify subscriber then you must cancel your paid subscription before closing your account. You cannot cancel your subscription or close your account from your Spotify apps. You need to login to website through the browser to do so.
- After you cancel your paid subscription, every songs or playlist which you have downloaded to listen offline will be lost and your locally made playlist will be removed.
- Although you will be able to listen to those songs if you only cancel your subscription. However, if you delete your account then you will lose your every single playlist and you won’t be able to listen to songs.
- Additionally, deleting your account means you will lose your followers and username.
- Although you can use the same email to create a new account which will be completely new.
- Also, if you have a student discount and you delete your account then you need to wait a year for applying for a student discount again.
Also check: How to get apple music gift card codes for free
How to cancel Spotify subscription?
Let’s discuss how to cancel Spotify subscription at first before closing your Spotify account if you have subscribed to premium membership. You should remember that you cannot save songs to listen offline and can’t have unlimited ad-free shuffle after you cancel your subscription.
- You need to open the Spotify website on your browser at first in order to cancel Spotify subscription. After that sign in with your account.
- Click on your name from the top right corner of the page and follow your account link.
- At the Account page, click on the Subscription option and open the new page.
- Now Subscription and Payment info page will open. Click on the “Change plan” option.You can click direct on “Cancel your premium” option from PC.
- Now enter your password if asked and click on Cancel premium. Your Spotify subscription will be processed to get cancelled.
- Your subscription will be finally cancelled and it will revert back to the free plan. You can resume your subscription anytime you want.
How to delete Spotify account?
After you close your paid subscription, you can proceed to delete Spotify account. There is no way to recover your account once it is closed. You need to contact Spotify to delete your account. Here is how you can delete Spotify account.
- Make sure you are logged in Spotify website in the browser in order to delete your Spotify account. After you follow the customer support page of Spotify
- After that click on the “Account” option.
- Now, click “I want to close my account.”
- Now verify if you actually want to close your account or just cancel your subscription. Then choose “Close account” option from the left side of the page.
- They will ask if you are sure about closing your Spotify account. Then again choose close account option.
- Then just click continue every time it asks.
- At last, they will send you a confirmation email about deleting your Spotify account in your email. Open the link you received and click the final “Close My Account” option. You must confirm before 24 hours and after that, your Spotify account will be closed or deleted.
Frequently asked questions – Spotify membership and subscription
If you have some questions regarding Spotify account cancellation then here are some FAQ’s which you might want to check.
Can I resume my subscription after I cancel it?
Yes, you can resume your subscription anytime you want after you have cancelled.
I have cancelled my subscription but there is still a premium subscription. Why?
After you cancel your subscription, your subscription of Spotify is removed only after the term of previous payment ends. It means if your subscription was meant to be finished on 27th of the month but you cancelled on 2oth of the month, then your subscription will only end on 27th of the month and won’t be renewed.
So, if you have any extra questions regarding how to delete a Spotify account then feel free to leave a comment. Stay updated, share and support us.