How to change your name on Facebook
Facebook is without a doubt the most used social media with over 2.85 billion monthly active users. The number of people who use Facebook is increasing day by day. Facebook allows you to add your friends, share photos or texts with them, message them. Like-minded people can create groups and pages on Facebook and share related posts. You can set your name, username, pages, and group name as per your choice and Facebook name policy. What to do if you want to change your name on Facebook?
Sometimes you might want to change your name or username on Facebook. There are certain guidelines from Facebook for changing your name. You can change your profile name and page names and keep them as you like if they follow the Facebook name policy. But for usernames, they must be unique per person. Two people profile’s and pages can have the same name but they cannot have the same username. Today we will learn how to change your name on Facebook and also learn about changing your Facebook username, page name, page username, and group name.
Why change your name on Facebook?
There is no specific reason for changing your name on Facebook. Sometimes you might like a character from movies or tv shows and you might want to keep their name as your Facebook profile name. Sometimes your username might be outdated as per your view and you might want to change it. You might have been married and you have changed your legal name and now you want to keep your new name on Facebook.
Your page name might not be suitable for the content you post or your business name might have been changed. Reasons for changing your name on Facebook vary per person. If you want to change your name, usernames on Facebook then this article is for you.
Things to know before you change your name on Facebook
There are certain things you must check before you change your name and username on Facebook. There might be some things that might prevent you from keeping your desired name on Facebook. Do you have questions like why can’t I change my name on Facebook? Then here are some of the points you should learn before you try to change your name on Facebook.
- The name which you are trying to keep might not be following the Facebook name policy.
- You might be previously asked for Id card verification and the name which you are trying to keep now might not be matching your name on the ID card.
- You can change your name mostly after 60 days. This means you cannot change your name too frequently.
- You cannot keep the username if it is already taken. Usernames are unique per person and page.
- It is better to keep the name which is on your ID card because sometimes your Facebook accounts can ask for id card verification. If the name on your Facebook profile and ID card doesn’t match then you might lose your account.
If you want to learn how to fix twitch error 2000 then click here.
How to change your name on Facebook
You must follow the Facebook name policy for keeping new names on Facebook. You can change your name on Facebook from both mobile apps and Facebook websites. You cannot change your name on facebook account frequently. You need to wait for sometimes like 60 days. If you want to learn how to change your name on Facebook from your iPhone then the process is similar for Facebook apps on all devices.
1. Change your name on the Facebook app
In order to change the name of the Facebook account, we can use the Facebook app. Here is the process for changing your name on Facebook through the Facebook mobile app.
- At first, open your Facebook app and click on the three horizontal lines from the top right side. Then from the bottom click on settings & privacy.
- Then select a setting and click on personal information.
- Now you will see the Name option. Click on it for changing your Facebook account name.
- Type your desired first name and last then click save.
- Enter your password and confirm. Your name on your Facebook account will be changed.
2. Change your name on Facebook from browser
You can also use the browser to change your Facebook name. You can log in to the Facebook website from the browser and change your name on Facebook. Here is how you can do so.
- From the top right corner of your screen, click on the down showing arrow and select setting & privacy.
- Then click on setting.
- Now you will see your name. Click on edit to change your name on Facebook from the browser.
- Enter your desired name and change.
How to change your username on Facebook
Facebook usernames aren’t the same as your Facebook name. Your Facebook name appears on your profile but your Facebook username appears on your profile URL. Facebook usernames are attached to the last of the Facebook web addresses. For Example: https://facebook.com/toptechpal, where toptechpal is the username.
You can customize your Facebook web address to your profile as per your choice. These web addresses are the links that you can share with your friends so that they can find your profile. Your username must follow the Facebook username policy. Your username can only contain the alphanumeric character and a dot (.) sign. Here is a full detailed process on how to change your username on Facebook.
- At first open facebook from either your phone or website. Then log in with your account of which you want to change your username.
- Then go to setting from the menu.
- Now select the general option where you will see your Facebook username. Click on the edit option.
- Now enter the desired username. Your Facebook username should be unique and should follow the Facebook username policy.
- Then click Save. Your new username will be saved. You successfully changed your username on Facebook.
How to change the Facebook page name and username
You can change your page name on Facebook once in 7 days. You need to follow the Facebook page name and username policy to successfully change the name of your page. Facebook page cannot have a misleading name. Changing your Facebook page name won’t change your page URL. To change your page URL you must change your Facebook page username. Only admins can change the Facebook page name. Here is how to change the Facebook page name and username.
- From your Facebook account go to pages. Select the page on which you want to change the name.
- Then click on the edit page info option. In mobile apps, you can click on the edit page and then go to the page info option.
- Now choose your desired name and username for the page.
- Click enter and your username will be changed for the Facebook page.
- For changing the Facebook page name, you type the name you want and click enter. Now click on the request button to request for the name changing of the page. After 3 days your Facebook page name will be changed.
- You now successfully changed your page name on Facebook.
How can you change the name of a Facebook group?
Changing the group name takes about a minute. You need to be the admin of the group for changing its name. You can change your name once every 28 days and every member of the group is notified once you change the name of the group. Here is how you can change your Facebook group name.
- Open your Facebook account and go to your group.
- Now click on the setting button for changing your Facebook group name.
- After that, you will see the name and description option. Click on the edit button to edit the name.
- Enter your desired name for the group and click on save. Your name of the Facebook group will be changed.
- All the members of the group will be notified that their group name is changed.
Facebook allows you to change both your name and username. You can also create your page and change its name and username as per your choice. Changing group names is also allowed and all these processes have very easy steps. I hope this article guided you through everything that you were looking for. If you have any questions related to this article then feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.